When I hear chicken nuggets the first thing that pops in to my mind is my aunt Carmen picking up my bother and sister, me and my cousins from Montessori and brining us a 20 piece crispy chicken nugget meal from McDonalds with extra hot mustard and bbq sauce.
Now that my stomach has turned its back on the once beloved bites I make these gluten free chicken nuggets when I get a craving for nuggets. Like the rest of my family you’ll enjoy these gluten free parmesan chicken nuggets just as much if not more than the ones from Micky D’s.
So many things you can do with this gluten free chicken nugget recipe
I like to serve these warm with a variety of sauces for dipping. They’re also great the next day cut up and tossed in a salad or topped with marinara sauce and zoodles.
If you like a little heat consider marinating the chicken pieces overnight in buffalo wing sauce or your favorite hot sauce.
This is a variation on a recipe found at GlutenFreeFix.com
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into nuggets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed almond flour/meal
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Whisk eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine almond flour, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Place chicken on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 until cooked through.