Have you been wondering about how to make gluten free pita bread?
I first tried this gluten free pita bread recipe back in December 2011 and I was instantly hooked after my first bite.
1. This gluten free pita bread recipe requires only a few ingredients, which means it’s super easy to make.
2. And this pita bread is incredibly versatile and tastes great.
I recommend keeping a dozen or more of these pita breads in your freezer at all times. This way you’ll always have gluten free pita bread on hand.
Whether you’ve got some leftover chicken salad, craving a PB and J, or you’re on the run and need to take your bacon and eggs on the go, this gf pita bread can handle it all.
Plus when you eat one you’ll be happy to know that they’re made with healthy ingredients. Which means you can feel free to have one or two extra without feeling guilty. Low carb, low glycemic load, plain and simple these babies are healthy.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour, firmly packed – firmly packed is very important
- 1/4 cup almond flour, firmly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt – use a good quality salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together egg, oil and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to form batter.
- Pour two equal portions onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Spread each pita 5-6 inches round.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.