Turn a regular steak into an amazing meal with this red wine reduction sauce with mushrooms. Seriously this sauce is mm mm good. You can easily make it in 15 minutes, no chef skills required. And anyone who tastes it will think it took you forever to make, it’s absolutely delicious.
Friends of mine have enjoyed this sauce over a steak as well as pork chops.
*If you don’t like mushroom just leave them out.
- olive oil, for coating the pan
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, to taste
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped, optional
- In a saute pan, over medium high heat, coat the pan with olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and the shallots and cook until the shallot is translucent.
- Add the red wine and the stock and reduce by half.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and strain the shallots.
- Add the mushrooms and sauce back to the pan.
- Add the butter and rosemary and reduce for two more minutes.