Hi Andrew Cordova here for GFMagazine.com. Today, I’m going to be sharing a gluten-free graham cracker style pie crust with you.
I don’t like to complicate things that don’t need to be complicated, so I made sure this recipe was really simple – easy enough for anyone to make. You have no excuse to not eat pie on Thanksgiving.
The only ingredients in this recipe are almond flour, coconut oil, butter, honey, a pinch of salt and pumpkin spice. This recipe contains no eggs, so it’s totally okay for you to eat the dough raw. I hope you enjoy this recipe. I’m Andrew Cordova for GFMagazine.com
This recipe was inspired from Michelle’s Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 5 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Stir together all ingredients, until combined.
- Spread mixture using your hands, into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. The top will brown quick, so use a pie crust shield or tented tin foil after 7 minutes of baking.
If you are going to use this pie crust for a pumpkin pie or another pie filling that requires baking, do not pre-bake this pie crust. Instead chill the pie crust for a couple hours before adding the filling.
Then bake per your pie recipe instructions. The top will brown quick, so use a pie crust shield or tented tin foil after 7 minutes of baking.
For example, if I want to make a pumpkin pie with this crust I would form the pie crust into the pie pan then chill for an hour. Next I would pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the chilled pie crust, then bake in a 325 pre-heated oven for 50-60min until the center is set.