Hi Andrew Cordova here for GF magazine.com today I’m going to be sharing with you a gluten-free dairy free roll out, cut out sugar cookie dough recipe.
This recipe is really simple just five ingredients.
Here’s three tips to help you make these little canvases turn out perfect.
1. Make sure your dough is completely chilled.
If the dough is not quite chilled it will be sticky and near impossible to cut out shapes. Two hours in the fridge does the trick.
2. Work with one piece of dough at a time.
Once the dough is chilled roll it out, cut it into four quarters, and work with one piece of dough at a time. Working with a small piece of dough is easier than working with a large piece of dough.
3. Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
Fresh out of the oven these cookies are pretty fragile. Give them 15-20 minutes to cool and firm up.
I hope you enjoy decorating these cookies.
- 8 tbs melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Flatten in to rectangle and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill dough, at least 2 hr.
- Roll out and cut dough in to 4 quarters.
- Roll out one quarter of dough and keep the rest of the dough in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough in-between plastic wrap to keep dough from sticking to your rolling pin. Once dough is rolled out place it on to parchment paper.
- Use cookie cutters, place shapes on to baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until slightly dark around edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down for at least 15 minutes on tray before moving to a cooling rack. They will be delicate at first, but firm up once cooled.
- Decorate and eat, or store in an air tight container for 5 days.
Recipe adapted from http://glutenfreefix.com/gluten-free-cut-out-sugar-cookies/824/