Condensed cream of chicken soup is one of those things you never really appreciate until the first time you need a can and you realize that Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup is thickened with wheat flour.
Luckily I figured out how to make it and conveniently made this recipe approximately the same size as one can of Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup. I’m a genius aren’t I? So if your recipe calls for two cans of cream of chicken soup just double the recipe.
Simple enough right?
Even though this particular recipe is not dairy free you can easily replace the heavy cream with your favorite unflavored milk substitute and still turn out with an excellent product – trust me I’ve tested it.
Feel free to add chopped cooked chicken or mushrooms to this soup base to make this recipe your own.
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream, or Unflavored almond milk.
- 2 Tbs Butter, or Earth Balance
- 1/8 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbs Potato Starch or Corn Starch, or Arrowroot Starch, or White Rice Flour.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, parsley.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil for 2 min.
- Turn off heat and slowly whisk in potato starch.